« Back to Blog
We’re hiring a Community Manager
About Open mHealth
More people on earth have a mobile phone than have access to clean water. Apps on these phones can help us stay healthier by collecting and delivering data about our own health. But with today’s mHealth apps, the data is coming at users unfiltered, rather than being processed into more useful guides for action. This problem is only going to intensify as all kinds of new sensors and apps are developed that generate even more data.
Open mHealth is a non-profit startup building an open source way to break down the barriers between health and tech so that experts can share, reuse, and work together to improve data tools and techniques. Open approaches have been shown to accelerate innovation and solutions in many industries, and it can do so in mHealth too. With open approaches, mHealth will reach its full potential faster. Come join www.openmhealth.org.
The Role: Community Manager
Open mHealth is all about breaking down the barriers between health and tech. You will help support and grow our community of health innovators and developers to build both technically and clinically relevant tools and techniques to make better sense of mHealth data. You care about health and think mobile devices will be the future to improving health.
You will own the relationship between the work that Open mHealth does in terms of building an open architecture for mobile health data and the developer and health innovator communities. You are expected to build dynamic, high quality online and offline communities and user engagement. You nurture the community and interact with our users through forums, conferences or wherever they are! You cultivate relationships with some of our most active users. You are in tune with the community climate and can influence key external stakeholders to make critical product or process changes. You are well-versed in social media and online community trends, technology and strategy, and are comfortable acting in the public sphere.
You have detailed knowledge about mobile and/or health. You are the voice of our users and help facilitate communication between Open mHealth and its users and among the users themselves. You are able to process suggestions, bugs, spam and are not afraid to strongly moderate discussions and even ban users when necessary. You will cheerlead new features and announcements of Open mHealth and its partners. You watch over threads, blogs, and forums while also contributing to them.
- Represent Open mHealth by actively driving, growing and managing the Open mHealth community, building healthy relationships with community power users and influencers, and engaging directly with users, online and offline.
- Evangelize the open architecture and educating our users via forums, blogs, social media, events, webinars and other external communications channels.
- Use qualitative feedback to identify key trends and insights in user needs and communicate them. Champion recommendations for product or process changes.
- Lead new innovations in community programs, including process improvements, best practice sharing and measuring and driving community health metrics
- Develop, own and execute community strategy and contribute to Open mHealth’s overall community strategy.
- Create content- write blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials,
- Social media marketing – create, manage, and grow the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other relevant online properties.
- Events and event planning – attend industry events in your city and plan meetings for our community
- Public relations – manage incoming media requests and build relationships with industry journalists; creating, executing and measuring media campaigns
- Analytics – use Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on website metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and initiatives.
- BA/BS degree (In lieu of a degree, 4 years relevant work experience and demonstrated excellence in writing)
- 2-years of experience in technology-related public relations or marketing, and/or leading an online community
- You’re a smart, organized, self-starter and independent thinker
- You can take complex concepts and turn them into something accessible
- Proven track-record of driving results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated technical expertise and knowledge of various web services, the Internet and social media.
- An interest in mobile health and open-source
How we’ll hire
First you will fill out an application here. Then we’ll do a 5-minute interview. If you are a finalist, we will email you with a detailed task to do (and pay you for your time). NOTE: This is a full-time position and most of the work will be done remotely, although we’ll give preference for someone in New York or San Francisco.
Open mHealth 1014 Torney Ave. San Francisco, CA, 94129 firstname.lastname@example.org
You know the problem better than anyone else and we need you to help developers make solutions that meet the problems at hand. Send us a note here.
Interested in partnering with Open mHealth? Share your interest and proposal here.